2115 Starkville Oktibbeha School District – Ward Elementary Building ReRoof
Bid Date5/21/21 2:00 pm
Company & Contacts
Sally Zahner email@example.com
1.Sealed Bids will be received in the Greensboro Center Board Room at the Office of the Superintendent of Education located at 401 Greensboro Street Starkville, MS 39759 on May 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm, at which time and place Bids will be opened and publicly read. Contractor’s company name and a current Certificate of Responsibility Number (or “bid under $50,000”) shall be written on the outside of the sealed envelope.
2. The Project is “Ward Building Reroof”
3. Plans and Specifications are available for viewing at the office of the Architect, Shafer Zahner Zahner, 510 University Drive, Starkville, MS 39759, telephone (662) 323-1628, or may be obtained as outlined below:
A. Plans and specifications are being made available via paper or digital copy. Plan Holders are required to login or register for an account at www.szzarchbids.com to view or order bid documents. Bid Documents are non-refundable and must be purchased through the website. Questions regarding website registration and online orders please contact Plan House at 662-407-0193. For questions related to the contract documents,
contact Shafer Zahner Zahner at 662-323-1628. No partial sets of drawings or project manuals will be issued.
4. Bid proposals must be submitted, in duplicate, on copies of the “General Construction Bid Form” included in the specifications and must be accompanied by a Bid Bond, Certified Check, or cash in the amount of 5% of the Base Bid (100%). The Bid Bond, if used, shall be payable to the Owner. Performance and Payment Bond will be
required from the successful bidder. Bids are requested for a Lump Sum Base Bid with any Alternates and/or Unit Costs requested. In the event that an electronic bid is submitted, a copy of the bid bond must be included with the submission. If submitting electronically, a hard copy of all bid documents must be provided within 3 business days
if requested after the bid opening.
A. Proposal shall be submitted on Bid Forms provided with the specifications. Bids may be submitted in person, or for those interested, bids can be electronically submitted at www.szzarchbids.com under the project page.
No oral, telegraphic, telephonic, or e-mail proposals will be considered. For sealed bids, the current Certificate of Responsibility Number of the bidder shall appear on the outside of each sealed envelope containing a proposal, said envelope being plainly marked “Ward Building Reroof”. If submitting electronically, please include this information on a cover page with your bid submission.
B. SUBMITTAL OF ELECTRONIC BIDS: Each electronically submitted bid must be submitted in
“pdf” format and shall contain the same information and forms as required for the paper bids. Note –
electronic bids must be secured with a bid bond. In the event that an electronically submitted bid has a
corrupted attachment, the bid will be considered null and void.
5. All bids submitted in excess of $50,000.00 by a Prime or Sub-Contractor to do any erection, building, construction, repair, maintenance, or related work must comply with the Mississippi Contractors Act of 1985, by securing a Certificate of Responsibility from the State Board of Public Contracts. If a bidder submits a bid not exceeding
$50,000, no Certificate of Responsibility number is required; however, a notation stating that the bid does not exceed $50,000 must appear on the face of the envelope, or a Certificate of Responsibility number. Each bidder submitting a bid in excess of $50,000 must show its Certificate of Responsibility number on the face of the envelope containing the bid. If submitting electronically, please include this information on a cover page with your bid submission.
6. The Contract will be awarded to the lowest and best bidder, except the Owner reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any informality whenever rejection of waiver is in the best interest of the Owner. The Owner reserves the right to negotiate with the lowest bidder for any deletions or additions to the contract, as theydesire.
Dr. Eddie Peasant, Superintendent – Starkville Oktibbeha School District
Published: Starkville Daily News – April 15, and April 22, 2021